A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:10:59 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people discredit Chip Akins?  (Read 7244 times)
Knowing
« on: February 24, 2009, 12:25:27 pm »

I am New here!

I was wondering why Chip Atkins gets discredited so much?

Does he push too many buttons; that make people think?

Why is it?

Knowing
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 01:20:35 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Knowing

I am New here!

I was wondering why Chip Atkins gets discredited so much?

Does he push too many buttons; that make people think?

Why is it?

Other than the ethics complaint and the homeowners association, what is his track record?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 02:12:47 pm »

I don't think he gets discredited on this forum. He has only been discussed on one thread that I know of.

He filed a complaint that he later withdrew. End of story.

Power is nothing till you use it.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 03:21:54 pm »

Never heard of the guy personally.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Knowing
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 04:15:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

I don't think he gets discredited on this forum. He has only been discussed on one thread that I know of.

Mr atkins did not withdraw the Complaint.  
He could not say that a sentence in the report that was flawed was true.
If you will read the report from the third Party Ethics Hot line that was sent to the council you will find that that report is very flawed.  
And if one will investigate further and get the report that was given to Fox news you will find that information from the Ethics hot line is very poorly done and FLAWED!.

SO again there is a difference between thinking and KNOWING.
KnowingText
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 04:19:38 pm »

quote:

quote:

If you will read the report from the third Party Ethics Hot line that was sent to the council you will find that that report is very flawed.  
And if one will investigate further and get the report that was given to Fox news you will find that information from the Ethics hot line is very poorly done and FLAWED!.

KnowingText

Chip?
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 04:32:58 pm »

OK, I give up.  Who's Chip Akins?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 04:44:42 pm »

quote:

quote:

KnowingText

Chip, Knowing, whatever, who on earth is Chip and did he/you (obviously) ever have any credit to "dis"?

What exactly is the part that was not "FLAWED" and what documentation do you have to support his/your claim(s)?

Knowing
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 05:04:46 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:

quote:

KnowingText

Chip, Knowing, whatever, who on earth is Chip and did he/you (obviously) ever have any credit to "dis"?

What exactly is the part that was not "FLAWED" and what documentation do you have to support his/your claim(s)?

The document that was sent to the city council was Flawed by the ethics Hot Line Service.  
I would advice you to go to the city hall and ask for a copy of it.  

You will then read how flawed it is.  

They the Hot Line Service missed typed sentences and combined sentences in it.  

Then go to Fox chan. 23 and get the one that the council said was like the one that have.  

If and when you do this you will find they are not and will open you eyes to how the city council did the investigation of their own ethic complaint.
KNOWING
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 05:07:23 pm »

Why not just post your copy here Chip?
joiei
City Father

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 05:12:13 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

Never heard of the guy personally.

Nor have I.  What is the beef about?

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 05:18:50 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

KnowingText

The document that was sent to the city council was Flawed by the ethics Hot Line Service.  

Then go to Fox chan. 23 and get the one that the council said was like the one that have.  

If and when you do this you will find they are not and will open you eyes to how the city council did the investigation of their own ethic complaint.
KNOWING

sure they did, it was all them... there is no way it was your fault... ZOINKS!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 05:20:28 pm by brunoflipper » Logged

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 05:49:29 pm »

Is Akins that diet guru?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
waterboy
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 07:33:09 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Ed W

Is Akins that diet guru?

Chet Akins? He's a steel guitar player from back in the day...

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 08:48:46 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

KnowingText

KNOWING

You are missing the point, I'm asking what "facts" that were in the complaint were flawed? From what I have read it's pretty clear cut, two councilors were accused of getting some sort of benefit from the approval of the location of the bank and no evidence  was supplied or available to back up the complaint.

From what I can tell Fox23 never saw any evidence of anything either. I can accuse you of being a partially trained and badly shaved bear cub that hasn't yet been fully housebroken, but it doesn't make it so.

So, Mr. “Knowing”, right now, what is the specific accusation of wrong doing that you are making, who are you making this accusation against and what is your evidence or at the very least what are your specific and reality based reasons  to believe that your accusations are truthful?

And let’s be clear, if your source is a something you read in the Tulsa World comments section or on one of our local crackpot blogs you certainly can consider yourself “discredited” and you must attend at least three 9/11 troofer meetings as punishment.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org