A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 02:29:06 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's ready for some Diversafest action?!  (Read 13586 times)
OurTulsa
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2008, 12:22:37 pm »

I missed GLO at D-Fest and was incredibly bummed!  This couldn't be better news and I have to imagine that seeing them in the Cains will probably provide for a better show than in the large outdoors area.  Everyone I know that's seen them has given great reviews.  This is FANTASTIC!
jackbristow
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2008, 01:42:23 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by OurTulsa

I missed GLO at D-Fest and was incredibly bummed!  This couldn't be better news and I have to imagine that seeing them in the Cains will probably provide for a better show than in the large outdoors area.  Everyone I know that's seen them has given great reviews.  This is FANTASTIC!

Definitely no worse, but I don't know about better either.  As long as it is dark, I think their show will always kick @$$.  I bet they thought it was cool to play in front of the crowd with the downtown backdrop from their perspective.  The view from the stage would have been awesome that night at D-fest.  It was cool just turning and looking back at the buildings from the crowd.
Listening
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2008, 11:19:43 am »

I think downtown is a great venue for D-Fest.  Has anyone heard what the economic impact was?
OurTulsa
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2008, 04:52:48 pm »

Not suggesting that D-fest is no good downtown at all.  Only suggesting that I personally think I will enjoy seeing Ghostland inside up close.  My dfest experience downtown was beyond awesome!
Listening
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2008, 07:02:15 pm »

Our Tulsa - I missed your post and didn't mean to imply you thought downtown was a bad venue.

I'm glad to see more downtown than just Mayfest.  I am still curious what the economic impact was.  If D-Fest was economically successful, it should encourage even more downtown.  

On a side note, I loved it had a conference component.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org