A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:34:11 am
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383547 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1950 on: May 01, 2012, 03:06:54 pm »

Lemme beat Huey to it Gas.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1951 on: May 01, 2012, 03:10:24 pm »

I like how smoke grenades now count as "bombing".

What are you talking about? This is the story I am referring to:

Five men, at lease three of them self-described anarchists, have been arrested in an alleged plot to blow up a bridge near Cleveland, the FBI said today.

A member of Occupy Cleveland revealed that at least some of the suspects had attended the group's events, sparking concerns that some supporters of the anti-capitalist movement could turn to violence.

But there was no danger to the public in the bridge-bombing plot because the explosive devices were inoperable and were controlled by an undercover FBI employee, the agency said.
The target of the plot was Brecksville-Northfield High Level Bridge, which carries a four-lane highway over part of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park in the Brecksville area, about 15 miles south of downtown Cleveland, the FBI said.

Authorities said three of the men were arrested Monday and are self-described anarchists, not tied to international terrorism

It was not immediately clear whether the men had attorneys. All of the suspects, ranging in age from 20 to 35, were expected to appear in federal court this afternoon.

The FBI said three were arrested on charges of conspiracy and trying to use explosives to damage property affecting interstate commerce. They were identified as Brandon L. Baxter, 20; Douglas L. Wright, 26; and Anthony Hayne, 35. Their hometowns were not provided.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2137918/Cleveland-Bridge-bomb-plot-Occupy-anarchists-arrested-plotting-blow-Ohio-bridge.html#ixzz1tee5FVRh

Analysis here:
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/05/01/breaking-anarchist-ring-busted-by-feds-plotted-bombings-in-cleveland/

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1952 on: May 01, 2012, 03:17:11 pm »

What are you talking about? This is the story I am referring to:

The story I read had them setting off a smoke grenade on the bridge as a distraction so they would have the time/breathing room to knock down some bank signs. I must have conflated two different stories or something.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1953 on: May 01, 2012, 03:22:50 pm »

The story I read had them setting off a smoke grenade on the bridge as a distraction so they would have the time/breathing room to knock down some bank signs. I must have conflated two different stories or something.

Can you get me that link? We may have the same incident with different spins. Of course, those sort of things rarely happen.  Roll Eyes

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1954 on: May 01, 2012, 03:27:28 pm »

This CBS News story seems to indicate that the plan was initially to do what I had stated (essentially), but that at some point (behest of the FBI?) changed their mind to use C-4. It must have just been some distorted early reporting.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57424900/fbi-nabs-5-in-alleged-plot-to-blow-up-ohio-bridge/

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
dbacks fan
« Reply #1955 on: May 01, 2012, 03:51:56 pm »

You guys are missing the fun in liberalville Seattle:

http://www.king5.com/

And from what they call here, "The liberal leaning leftist daily dead fish wrapper"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/05/arrests_in_downtown_portland_p.html
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:54:32 pm by dbacks fan » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1956 on: May 01, 2012, 04:08:53 pm »

I am so sick of  that dooshbaggery. Groups of individuals most would consider pu$$ies acting like tough guys.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1957 on: May 01, 2012, 05:09:48 pm »

Sounds like the teabaggers...

According to an FBI affidavit, the group of suspects arrested in the terror plot talked about targeting cargo ships on May 1, the day of the "fest."

"Ships are a 'd--n good target," one suspect Douglas Wright allegedly said during a meeting with the other suspects, adding that all of the cops would be downtown for May Day.

Another suspect, Brandon Baxter, then allegedly said, "May 1st is going to be crazy."

Here are the names of the other three suspects: Anthony Hayne, Connor Stevens, Joshua Stafford.

According to the FBI, the suspects showed interest in causing financial damage through attacks. Baxter advised the group that blowing up the Detroit Superior Bridge would would not stop money flowing to the "One Percent."

The "One Percent" is a mantra used by the Occupy movement to represent the wealth of the top one percent in comparison to the other 99 percent. Main targets of the movement are large corporations and the global financial system.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/cleveland_metro/Occupy-Cleveland-cancels-May-Day-rally-says-bomb-suspects-involved-with-movement#ixzz1tf7hIZHh

[Emphasis added].  If only the damned federal law enforcement officials hadn't entrapped these five innocent guys there wouldn't be a story here (channeling my inner patric)

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1958 on: May 01, 2012, 05:23:04 pm »

I am so sick of  that dooshbaggery. Groups of individuals most would consider pu$$ies acting like tough guys.

Washington won't change. Wall Street won't change. What do you fear?
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1959 on: May 01, 2012, 05:45:18 pm »

It would be nice if they'd not disguise themselves. If they really believe violence is the answer, they should be willing to do it openly instead of tarnishing the larger group's name with their cowardice. Presuming the vandals weren't cops, anyway. It happens sometimes.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1960 on: May 01, 2012, 07:13:11 pm »

It would be nice if they'd not disguise themselves. If they really believe violence is the answer, they should be willing to do it openly instead of tarnishing the larger group's name with their cowardice. Presuming the vandals weren't cops, anyway. It happens sometimes.
I know. But looking like old west bank robbers with hankies covering their mouth and nose is all the rage I guess. Has there been any study or other similar information showing the impact of these people on elections or regulatory changes?   

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1961 on: May 01, 2012, 11:11:47 pm »

I’ll be sure to remember to accuse gun-toters at the next Tea Party rally as being undercover cops. It happens sometimes.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1962 on: May 02, 2012, 12:13:01 am »

I’ll be sure to remember to accuse gun-toters at the next Tea Party rally as being undercover cops. It happens sometimes.

Ouch.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1963 on: May 02, 2012, 12:40:20 am »

Have you not seen the confirmed reports of police disguising themselves as black bloc motherf*****s? Or do you just not believe them?

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1964 on: May 02, 2012, 06:27:26 am »

Have you not seen the confirmed reports of police disguising themselves as black bloc motherf*****s? Or do you just not believe them?

Are those cops being prosecuted or is it part of a grand conspiracy involving Wall Street, the government, and the Koch brothers?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org