A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:31:25 am
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383296 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1890 on: April 17, 2012, 12:23:51 pm »

That these things might fade away if it weren't for the infusions of violence and heavy-handedness?

Probably would.  Doesn't play well with one set of agendas, though.

But goes fine with another... so it all evens out...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1891 on: April 17, 2012, 12:25:52 pm »

"According to police, around 25 people tried smashing the windows of the cafe with eight-foot long steel pipes at around 8:45 p.m. after attending the Anarchist book fair earlier in the day. “Patrons fearing that they would be hit by flying glass hid under tables,” the police said in a statement. “Several” officers were assaulted with pipes and bottles, the police added."

Lennon said it best.... "But if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao - You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow"

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1892 on: April 17, 2012, 12:51:03 pm »

Lennon said it best.... "But if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao - You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow"

I named one of our cats Chairman Meow.  Yeah, I know off topic.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1893 on: April 17, 2012, 01:36:50 pm »

That these things might fade away if it weren't for the infusions of violence and heavy-handedness?

Oh, the black bloc ... people, who most OWSers don't support due to their insistence on using violence, will continue their bull regardless. They just want an excuse to break smile.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1894 on: April 17, 2012, 02:58:36 pm »

Oh, the black bloc ... people, who most OWSers don't support due to their insistence on using violence, will continue their bull regardless. They just want an excuse to break smile.

I remember when they infiltrated the Tea Party.  What a mess!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1895 on: April 17, 2012, 02:59:42 pm »

Is that who started the whole throat stomping thing?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1896 on: April 17, 2012, 03:14:49 pm »

Is that who started the whole throat stomping thing?

Christopher Columbus?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1897 on: April 17, 2012, 03:29:11 pm »

Christopher Columbus?

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1898 on: April 19, 2012, 12:56:20 pm »

Yeah, wasnt it.

Violence & Police Brutality Erupt At Tea Party Event Featuring Anti-Gay Scott Lively

Among the Tea Party’s  featured speakers were the anti-gay MassResistance’s Brian Camenker, Abiding Truth Ministry’s Scott Lively, and Don Feder (who once described himself as making Atilla the Hunn look like a “a limousine liberal”) were listed as featured speakers.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1899 on: April 19, 2012, 01:06:42 pm »

Yeah, wasnt it.

Violence & Police Brutality Erupt At Tea Party Event Featuring Anti-Gay Scott Lively

Among the Tea Party’s  featured speakers were the anti-gay MassResistance’s Brian Camenker, Abiding Truth Ministry’s Scott Lively, and Don Feder (who once described himself as making Atilla the Hunn look like a “a limousine liberal”) were listed as featured speakers.

Great pic. Boston....where "set up" is a cliche.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #1900 on: April 21, 2012, 05:23:32 pm »

Spring Revival: Occupy Wall Street Seeks to Rejuvenate Movement

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=8230

Central Park? Yikes... might explain this: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/olbermann_at_loose_ends_tT0IsX1xU0GIk5AvvWy8II  Smiley

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1901 on: April 22, 2012, 05:10:25 pm »

Ah yes, more upstanding pee partiers for some in here to admire. I think patric was at this protest (obvious NSFW)...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GX5pCOclBBE[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1902 on: April 22, 2012, 05:35:25 pm »

Ah yes, more upstanding pee partiers for some in here to admire. I think patric was at this protest (obvious NSFW)...

Do you think one loud drunk in a park represents the Occupy Movement as much as one angry tax protester flying his plane into the IRS represents the Tea Party?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1903 on: April 22, 2012, 06:04:13 pm »

Do you think one loud drunk in a park represents the Occupy Movement as much as one angry tax protester flying his plane into the IRS represents the Tea Party?

Is this the first stop for you in this thread? There are so many examples of pee partying misbehavior that it is to the point of expectation. But by all means, equate the plane guy and whatever other example of tea party misconduct with the rapes, deaths, murders, drug abuse, child abuse, blah blah blah that has been going on at the pee parties.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #1904 on: April 22, 2012, 08:00:12 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onlF49DeXww&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org