A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:30:18 am
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383563 times)
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1710 on: January 02, 2012, 02:50:24 pm »

Isn't the anthropology department where Cro-magnon & Neanderthals are studied? There ya go.

Anthro studies current cultures too, Guido, like those tiny tribes hidden in the rain forest and the warrior culture of New Guinea (which is all but gone, apparently).  Margret Mead's "Coming of Age in Samoa" is another example of comparatively modern anthropology.  If you have an interest in low-brow, mouth-breathing examples of humanity, you can find them in abundance at any TP meeting. 

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1711 on: January 02, 2012, 03:00:50 pm »

Anthro studies current cultures too, Guido, like those tiny tribes hidden in the rain forest and the warrior culture of New Guinea (which is all but gone, apparently).  Margret Mead's "Coming of Age in Samoa" is another example of comparatively modern anthropology.  If you have an interest in low-brow, mouth-breathing examples of humanity, you can find them in abundance at any TP meeting. 

Get a sense of humor Ed. Also, I took a cultural anthro course in undergrad so I kinda know what else is taught in that area of study.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1712 on: January 02, 2012, 03:07:46 pm »

Oh, and Ed, get a load of the genius protest going on at an elected official's home. Seriously, dancing tents?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gpZKBf7C4AQ#![/youtube]

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #1713 on: January 02, 2012, 03:28:11 pm »

Yeah, Ed, grow a brain, moran. 
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1714 on: January 02, 2012, 03:43:06 pm »

Get a sense of humor Ed. Also, I took a cultural anthro course in undergrad so I kinda know what else is taught in that area of study.

So you really do understand primitive cultures, Gee.  I'm impressed.  I had just one anthropology course, but I always thought that much of anthro and sociology were interchangeable.

Maybe you've missed it, G, but I do have a sense of humor, albeit slightly twisted.  I'm a student of the use of parody, sarcasm, satire, and I say student because it's a talent that needs to be continually honed in order to be effective.  In particular, I like stuff that follows Poe's Law in that it's so deeply sarcastic that it can be mistaken for the real thing.  See some of the late Jon Swift's stuff for brilliant examples:

http://jonswift.blogspot.com/

I am only an egg.

Ed

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1715 on: January 02, 2012, 04:06:51 pm »

So you really do understand primitive cultures, Gee.  I'm impressed.  I had just one anthropology course, but I always thought that much of anthro and sociology were interchangeable.

Maybe you've missed it, G, but I do have a sense of humor, albeit slightly twisted.  I'm a student of the use of parody, sarcasm, satire, and I say student because it's a talent that needs to be continually honed in order to be effective.  In particular, I like stuff that follows Poe's Law in that it's so deeply sarcastic that it can be mistaken for the real thing.  See some of the late Jon Swift's stuff for brilliant examples:

Dancing tents? You think that lunacy should be "honed"?

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1716 on: January 02, 2012, 04:17:00 pm »

Dancing tents? You think that lunacy should be "honed"?

You don't find the humor in dancing tents, Guido?  And you think I'm humorless!

Ed

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1717 on: January 02, 2012, 04:32:38 pm »

You don't find the humor in dancing tents, Guido?  And you think I'm humorless!

Funny? How is going to someone's private residence at night to do what they did funny? In other news, I see the mega Attention Whore Cindy Sheehan is supporting these cretins, and in so doing, recently announced she has NOT paid her taxes since Casey's death.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1718 on: January 02, 2012, 07:34:25 pm »

Sure, it's funny Guido, unless you're that poor, oppressed one-percenter cowering in his house while frantically dialing 911.  After all, dancing tents pose a distinct threat to public order.  Terrorists have been known to use them for disguises. 

You're asking me to have sympathy for those banksters.  I don't.

Ed

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1719 on: January 02, 2012, 08:48:57 pm »

Sure, it's funny Guido, unless you're that poor, oppressed one-percenter cowering in his house while frantically dialing 911.  After all, dancing tents pose a distinct threat to public order.  Terrorists have been known to use them for disguises.  

You're asking me to have sympathy for those banksters.  I don't.

First, he is a city official who's decisions didn't settle well with your pee partiers, not a "bankster". And besides, why harass this guy's family? And why do many of these dooshes wear a mask or hide their faces? Pu$$ies.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:07:16 am by guido911 » Logged

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1720 on: January 10, 2012, 07:33:48 am »

Rat population has exploded around DC Occupy camps.

“Going down to these camps, it’s no different than refu­gee camps,” Akhter said. “People are living in very primitive conditions and they’re doing it by choice. They are very brave and thoughtful people, but my concern is that they should also take care of themselves. When the weather goes bad suddenly we’re watching a tragedy unfold in the middle of Washington, D.C. ”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post_now/post/city-rat-population-has-exploded-around-occupy-dc-camps/2012/01/09/gIQA6AoylP_blog.html?wprss=post_now

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1721 on: January 10, 2012, 09:20:37 am »

Sure, it's funny Guido, unless you're that poor, oppressed one-percenter cowering in his house while frantically dialing 911.  After all, dancing tents pose a distinct threat to public order.  Terrorists have been known to use them for disguises. 

You're asking me to have sympathy for those banksters.  I don't.

Except G is behind the big iron gates where the peasants gather with pitchforks, axes, and torches....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1722 on: January 11, 2012, 09:33:53 pm »

Just wow.

A man is facing child cruelty charges after his 13-month-old daughter was found alone in a tent in the Occupy DC camp at McPherson Square.

Occupy members told authorities that a baby was alone in a tent at about 10 a.m. Wednesday, said Sgt. David Schlosser, a U.S. Park Police spokesman. Officers found the girl alone in the tent with no adults around. The baby had been alone for at least half an hour, Schlosser said.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/capital-land/2012/01/man-charged-after-baby-found-mcpherson-square-tent/2085666#ixzz1jDAiNUsu

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1723 on: January 11, 2012, 09:52:58 pm »

Just wow.

Totally independent of any movement.  This clown should be flogged.  Severely.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1724 on: January 11, 2012, 10:02:14 pm »

Totally independent of any movement.  This clown should be flogged.  Severely.

Sheesh, at what point do you say that criminal and amoral event after event at these protests starts to stick.

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org