A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:47:09 pm
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383365 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1320 on: November 23, 2011, 12:54:43 am »

It's so fun reading posts of those who were sold out and still have no clue......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAOrT0OcHh0&sns=em[/youtube]

Sound familiar?

Don't say I never gave you anything ....

It's not about ingratitude, Dude....it's about buying politicians....corruption....police states....
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1321 on: November 23, 2011, 08:12:41 am »

It's so fun reading posts of those who were sold out and still have no clue......

Sound familiar?

Don't say I never gave you anything ....

It's not about ingratitude, Dude....it's about buying politicians....corruption....police states....

You can't steer the conversation the way you want it to go if you stay on topic - therefore, you get this video.  Just like all the talking Fox heads.  Never answer the question asked, just go off in your own direction.  Cain seems to be taking this to the ludicrous extreme.  Maybe he is a 'plant' to expose the "you-know-who"??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1322 on: November 23, 2011, 11:14:24 am »

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1323 on: November 23, 2011, 02:48:04 pm »

Where do the rapes, deaths, drug abuse, child endangerment, pee throwing, cop car crapping, public masturbation, etc. fit in?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
dbacks fan
« Reply #1324 on: November 23, 2011, 03:05:04 pm »

Where do the rapes, deaths, drug abuse, child endangerment, pee throwing, cop car crapping, public masturbation, etc. fit in?

In his world it's their right to do that in the name of civil disobediance.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1325 on: November 23, 2011, 03:08:38 pm »

How ironic. You're doing exactly what H described and what most politicians do...redirecting the conversation to one that you're more comfortable with.

Its only mildly interesting that anyone could watch sitting, non-violent protesters on a college campus being sprayed casually with pepper spray and contort the video taped process against the victims. I say mildly because those contortions are common place in this thread and throughout this community. Even a local newscaster remarked after watching the video on the morning news that "...of course that's just one side of it..." Really?

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1326 on: November 23, 2011, 03:38:04 pm »

How ironic. You're doing exactly what H described and what most politicians do...redirecting the conversation to one that you're more comfortable with.

Its only mildly interesting that anyone could watch sitting, non-violent protesters on a college campus being sprayed casually with pepper spray and contort the video taped process against the victims. I say mildly because those contortions are common place in this thread and throughout this community. Even a local newscaster remarked after watching the video on the morning news that "...of course that's just one side of it..." Really?

These protesters behavior is not part of the conversation? They ARE the conversation otherwise why take them seriously. And I don't really care about those college kids getting hit with pepper spray. Better that than forcibly lifting them up risking injury to them or the police. One other thing, I have hot sauces on my shelf stronger than that stuff.

Why aren't the injuries the police have suffered not part of the conversation?

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1327 on: November 23, 2011, 03:56:39 pm »

I don't really care about those college kids getting hit with pepper spray. Better that than forcibly lifting them up risking injury to them or the police. One other thing, I have hot sauces on my shelf stronger than that stuff.

Yes, he stepped right into it:

Why aren't the injuries the police have suffered not part of the conversation?

Because bitc#ing about having Pepsi tossed in their face is not on scale with what they are dishing out.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:58:14 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1328 on: November 23, 2011, 04:18:58 pm »

Here's a link showing the fine, upstanding, typical 99%er out there.

http://www.lookingattheleft.com/2011/11/zuccotti-utopia-portraits-of-revolutionaries/

And Patric, take off your cop bashing goggles for a moment, and walk down memory lane:

Cop pushed off bike:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SFL32k5Imk[/youtube]

Cop slashed:
Seven New York City police officers have been injured so far in clashes with protesters during Occupy Wall Street's Day of Action, an NYPD spokesman just told Metro.

The injuries includes cuts and bruises, said the cop, adding that some of the protesters are throwing vinegar in police officers' faces.

The most recent injury occurred at Broadway and Liberty Street, where an officer received a laceration to his hand after a protester threw a star-shaped object at him, said a police spokesman at DCPI.

The officer required 20 stitches to his left hand, said police.
http://www.metro.us/newyork/local/article/1027444--seven-members-of-nypd-injured-so-far-in-ows-day-of-action

Punching a police horse in the face (at :37)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BR6Gos2phok[/youtube]

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1329 on: November 23, 2011, 04:24:47 pm »

Just look how traumatized these two victims of the infamous pepper spray attack look. I don't think they will ever recover...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Oc2UhfJ1uug[/youtube]

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1330 on: November 23, 2011, 04:39:44 pm »

You know those instances, and those vids you choose to post are not what the movement is about. Protests are not based on such triviality. Its infinitely easier to find the wingnuts in any movement, organization or event and portray them as the message rather than face up to the fact that your fellow citizens are fed up with status quo. The conversation is there but you keep looking at the funny pictures.

onward...through the fog
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1331 on: November 23, 2011, 05:43:41 pm »

A few days ago, someone justified the Iraq invasion citing Saddam's use of chemical weapons on his own people.  Maybe someone will do the same for us.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1332 on: November 23, 2011, 05:43:45 pm »

You know those instances, and those vids you choose to post are not what the movement is about. Protests are not based on such triviality. Its infinitely easier to find the wingnuts in any movement, organization or event and portray them as the message rather than face up to the fact that your fellow citizens are fed up with status quo. The conversation is there but you keep looking at the funny pictures.

Never thought sexual assaults, drug use, and public masturbation was trivial. Let's have you walk down memory lane and see your level of support for the tea party message:

Griz:  That idea is about as crazy as electing people with no critical thinking skills to positions of authority...

Your response:
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=16179.msg175946#msg175946

And let's not forget the tea bagger stuff:

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=13210.msg126957#msg126957

Notwithstanding, from what I can gather these kids want something handed to them that WE had to go out and get. These people want free education, student loan debt forgiveness, higher taxes (on everyone other than themselves), making having a job being a "right", etc...What are they doing to achieve these goals? Taking over public property and trashing it to the tune of $13M, making others clean up after them, overextending our law enforcement, instigating confrontations with law enforcement, etc. This is not being done by the fringe as you want to believe.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1333 on: November 23, 2011, 05:48:10 pm »

A few days ago, someone justified the Iraq invasion citing Saddam's use of chemical weapons on his own people.  Maybe someone will do the same for us.

Are you seriously comparing pepper spray to: sarin, mustard gas, and VS? If so, way to marginalize the violent deaths of around 5,000 men, women and children.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1334 on: November 23, 2011, 07:22:03 pm »

They fit in with the poor who live on the streets and mingle with the civil disobedient in large cities.

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org