A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:19:05 pm
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383437 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1245 on: November 19, 2011, 03:42:50 pm »

The tragic part is they still have the mindset of an occupying army when they get back stateside and put on the other uniform.

For once, try saying "thanks" to those protecting your right to be an ingrate.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 03:44:21 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1246 on: November 19, 2011, 03:56:06 pm »

For once, try saying "thanks" to those protecting your right to be an ingrate.

If the shoe fits...

Meanwhile, on the left coast:
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The chancellor of the University of California, Davis said Saturday that the school was launching an investigation after "chilling" video images surfaced online showing an officer using pepper spray on several protesters as they sit passively with their arms interlocked.

"But it was ok in Tulsa Oklahoma..."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4[/youtube]

...and tragedy strikes on the right coast:

New York Police reported they were injured when their eyes were irritated by a liquid substance they said was thrown from a paper cup by a protestor.
The makeup of the substance, widely believed to be Pepsi, is disputed by OWS experts as more like a vile cocktail of Colt45 and Zima.   
It is not known what other substances they may have been previously been exposed to, or what might have caused them to grow vaginas prior to the incident.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1247 on: November 19, 2011, 04:00:23 pm »

If the shoe fits...

Glad to hear you agree with my point that you are an ingrate.

dbacks fan
« Reply #1248 on: November 19, 2011, 04:52:39 pm »

They still make Zima?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1249 on: November 19, 2011, 07:09:05 pm »

Starting to look a little like this:

I think you are holding your breath for this to become generation E's great moment.  (Generation Entitled in case you didn't get that).  You know, their Woodstock, their Berkeley, their Kent State.  I think even Max Yasgur would ridicule these aimless people. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1250 on: November 19, 2011, 09:07:03 pm »

Newt NAILS it:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fcwoDXb--h0[/youtube]

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1251 on: November 19, 2011, 10:31:26 pm »

Well thank God we have him as our moral compass:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-november-17-2011/moment-of-zen---newt-gingrich-s-freddie-mac-fees

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #1252 on: November 20, 2011, 02:03:25 pm »

Ruff, I don't believe you....you've never drank? Good for you! So, you're not "experienced" either?

Never said anything about drinking, since that's (heavily) taxed and legal.... upon reaching retirement, I fully expect the Beer Industry will give me a well-earned "lifetime achievement award"........  Wink

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1253 on: November 20, 2011, 02:23:52 pm »

They still make Zima?

Not according to wiki...

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1254 on: November 20, 2011, 02:37:29 pm »

Never said anything about drinking, since that's (heavily) taxed and legal.... upon reaching retirement, I fully expect the Beer Industry will give me a well-earned "lifetime achievement award"........  Wink

alcohol is a drug....oxycontin is legal too....hiding any other "bad" habits? Tea at three? But we will remain kindred spirits over the goal of MSL in Teatown.

Guido, Gaspar, and Connie,
I do not understand your opposition to campaign reform. Is it because the %1 supports your political beliefs? You have no problem with those that control the %9 favored Congress Union but you oppose the buying of politics by Corporations? I find that strange.
Why do you support this disgusting display of police brutality?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=385x636180

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Unless the protesters are actually attacking you, if you have to use pepper spray or mace, you're too much of a pussy to be a cop.

OWS, Police Brutality, and the War on Terror: An Empire State of Mind

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/11/20-2
"the 1%, and their minions who plunder the government coffers, our taxes, our bank accounts, our equity, our homes, and our livelihood and security, while pretending that their theft and their brutality is conducted for our protection."

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #1255 on: November 20, 2011, 02:51:05 pm »

civil war for sure....lawyers, %1er 'wanna be's" and Chambers of Commerce versus the people...

US Lobbyists Aimed to Smear Occupy Wall Street

US Lobbyists Aimed to Smear Occupy Wall Street
AFP/Yahoo News Lobbyists aimed to smear

A top US lobbying firm tied to the financial industry pitched a $850,000 plan to smear the Occupy Wall Street movement and discredit sympathetic politicians, MSNBC television reported Saturday.

A memo written on the letterhead of well-known Washington lobbying firm Clark Lytle Geduldig & Cranford urged the American Bankers Association (ABA), a client, to conduct "opposition research" on Occupy Wall Street in order to construct "negative narratives" about the protests and its political backers.

Warning that the movement could lead to weakened support for Wall Street among both Democratic and Republican politicians, the four-page memo targeted specific states where the outcome of 2012 elections could have a major impact on the financial sector.

If Democrats make the OWS movement's anti-capitalist message a centerpiece of their campaigns, "this would mean more than just short-term political discomfort for Wall Street," said the memo posted on MSNBC's website.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-lobbyists-aimed-smear-occ upy-wall-street-report-203329702.html

If conservatives didn't have projection then they would have nothing at all.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1256 on: November 20, 2011, 03:13:07 pm »

I think the Pee Party is doing a fine job of discrediting itself and does not need any additional help.

dbacks fan
« Reply #1257 on: November 20, 2011, 03:17:55 pm »

I think the Pee Party is doing a fine job of discrediting itself and does not need any additional help.

+1
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #1258 on: November 20, 2011, 03:29:58 pm »

doesn't look like the term Pee Party is holding up....not like Teabaggers. Cheesy

Dbacks and Guido and Conan and Gaspar don't want to stop corporate personhood.

But they give no reasons as they attack the messengers and vilify the unfortunate victims of an abusive %1.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1259 on: November 20, 2011, 03:33:24 pm »

The reason why you think that is that you're only seeing what's reported on the nightly news. What's reported on the nightly news is what all the lobbyists and staffers in DC are talking about, which is only rarely reflective of reality outside of DC. If you actually took a look at the demographic surveys, for example, you'd find that most participants work full time and that for every 20 year old kid, there's a 45 year old out there. (Average age of participants, not just supporters, is over 30)

You also might notice the good work they've been doing in many cities in feeding and sheltering the homeless. You might also notice that they're completely effin' right about campaign finance. You might also notice that some groups have had meetings with their Tea Partyist counterparts that, rather than ending in name calling and poo flinging, resulted in them figuring out that they actually agree on quite a bit of stuff.

Unlike the Tea Partyists, the OWSers don't, by and large, support either party. Around 20% of them consider themselves Democrats, somewhat less than that Republican, the remainder considering themselves independent.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org