A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 05:43:29 pm
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383382 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #810 on: November 01, 2011, 01:58:00 pm »

You seem to be infatuated with the zombie thing: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/virginia-republicans-condemn-graphic-zombie-obama-shot-head-140351979.html At least we are now starting to see GOP/Teabagger leaders coming out and saying these innuendos need to be halted. Not you.

I guess it's who is engaged in this type of vilification. Just because myriads of personalities committing crimes is no reason to condemn an entire movement.

Comparing these two movements is a joke. Apples and oranges....just dial back 55 pages.

I'm infatuated with zombies? These are YOUR people I am pointing out to this forum.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #811 on: November 01, 2011, 01:59:07 pm »

I'm infatuated with zombies? These are YOUR people I am pointing out to this forum.

Funny that you're so obsessed with how they dress and how they present themselves, given that you're diametrically opposed to basically everything they stand for.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #812 on: November 01, 2011, 02:00:00 pm »

Over and over...again and again... sabotaging the movement won't work. Call off the children of Lee Atwater.

No one needs to sabotage the movement.  All we need to do is simply sit back and watch the movement sabotage itself. . .and perhaps post a video or two for entertainment.

The children of President Obama are awake.  Let them speak.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #813 on: November 01, 2011, 02:04:17 pm »

No one needs to sabotage the movement.  All we need to do is simply sit back and watch the movement sabotage itself. . .and perhaps post a video or two for entertainment.

I just realized the GOP POTUS contenders are the same way.

We can all sit back and see which has the largest impact for the next 5 years.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #814 on: November 01, 2011, 02:09:39 pm »

Why would he want to hate on frat boys?

It's hard to joke on a 3 hunski down dow day....but you guys continue the fight against civil disobedience and continue to show less concern about the world economy. And it is important to have a worsening economy if it's an election year despite the fact the GOP/Teabaggers have no contenders. The %99 Movement distaste is so much more important than the economy. You proved this out during the summer when your GOP/Teabagger affiliates held the country hostage over spent money. I think this is the %99 Movements motivating factor....bought off politicians putting themselves before country.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #815 on: November 01, 2011, 02:11:31 pm »

Properly identifying yourself as a member of the media is "resisting arrest"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6piPFkg0GLQ[/youtube]

...but they threw in "public intoxication" and "trespassing" just because they could.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/31/jonathan-meador-arrest-occupy-nashville_n_1067714.html

Fortunately, a sane judge refused to go along with the charade.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #816 on: November 01, 2011, 02:14:21 pm »

What the gasman said.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #817 on: November 01, 2011, 02:20:23 pm »

If these folks are going to Iron Gate in the morning then they are just transients to me.  If they are supplying there own food then they are a step up.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #818 on: November 01, 2011, 02:21:23 pm »

It's hard to joke on a 3 hunski down dow day....but you guys continue the fight against civil disobedience and continue to show less concern about the world economy. And it is important to have a worsening economy if it's an election year despite the fact the GOP/Teabaggers have no contenders. The %99 Movement distaste is so much more important than the economy. You proved this out during the summer when your GOP/Teabagger affiliates held the country hostage over spent money. I think this is the %99 Movements motivating factor....bought off politicians putting themselves before country.

How many of the OWS people are really that concerned about the world economy or even understand the workings of it.  For that matter how many know the Dow took a 300 point smile today or care what that means?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #819 on: November 01, 2011, 02:27:09 pm »

How many of the OWS people are really that concerned about the world economy or even understand the workings of it.  For that matter how many know the Dow took a 300 point smile today or care what that means?

It (probably) doesn't mean jack smile. It's just a continuation of the ridiculous volatility we've seen over the past few years.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #820 on: November 01, 2011, 02:28:02 pm »

Plenty....anyone who has a pension fund or IRA.

Why do you insist on making these civil disobediencers out to be poor and stupid? I know, comparing them to the GOP/Teabaggers is confusing for you.

Stop trying.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #821 on: November 01, 2011, 02:28:13 pm »

My first minimum wage job was fueling airplanes at a private airport.  I was 16 and drove a Jet-A truck all night and weekend long.  I worked lots of overtime because the boss couldn't afford another driver.  I had lots of friends that, at that age, thought my job was glamorous. I smelled like kerosene all the time.

That brings back memories.  Teen working a regional airport... I wasnt told that the gallon-per-second Jet A pump didnt automatically shut off when you release the handle, but rather slows down to prevent water hammer.  I ended up wearing about a gallon of that jet fuel, and had to rinse off a loaded Beech 99 before it could take off.   Good times.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #822 on: November 01, 2011, 02:35:35 pm »

Plenty....anyone who has a pension fund or IRA.

Why do you insist on making these civil disobediencers out to be poor and stupid? I know, comparing them to the GOP/Teabaggers is confusing for you.

Stop trying.

Come on.  We all know these are just a bunch of nose-picking n'er do wells.  They don't know what an IRA or pension is unless it's something they expect the government or banksters to give them for free.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #823 on: November 01, 2011, 02:44:50 pm »

Come on.  We all know these are just a bunch of nose-picking n'er do wells.  They don't know what an IRA or pension is unless it's something they expect the government or banksters to give them for free.

I set up a RSS feed from their SMF forum.  They're stockpiling milk and other home remedies to treat pepper-spray injuries.   Shocked

They are super.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #824 on: November 01, 2011, 03:02:56 pm »

Good news.  They caught the occupier who raped the 14 year old in Dallas.  Turns out he was a registered sex offender.

Dallas police have arrested a convicted sex offender in connection with the sexual assault of a 14-year-old runaway at the Occupy Dallas encampment.

Richard Wayne Armstrong, 24, faces one felony count of sexual assault of a child and another felony count of failing to register as a sex offender. He is also being held on a probation violation related to a 2009 sexual assault of a child case.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org