A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:40:34 am
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383292 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #795 on: November 01, 2011, 12:54:09 pm »

Did you give a lot of handouts to filthy street urchins that won't buy their own candy?   Wink

How did you know? Seriously, many of the kids came in groups of 5-8. Those dressed as zombies and monsters I thought were part of the traveling arm of the OWS.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #796 on: November 01, 2011, 12:58:55 pm »

A Message to All Police Officers From Occupy Wall Street

http://vimeo.com/31184525
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #797 on: November 01, 2011, 01:26:31 pm »

I remember when this happened at the Tea Parties.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGFeJ6gmJAE&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

The police are giving up.  OWS demanded that they be allowed to police their own people, and it looks like they are getting their wish.

Either that, or Herman Cain is sneaking into the campsite at night and groping women.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #798 on: November 01, 2011, 01:28:40 pm »

+1

My first minimum wage job was fueling airplanes at a private airport.  I was 16 and drove a Jet-A truck all night and weekend long.  I worked lots of overtime because the boss couldn't afford another driver.  I had lots of friends that, at that age, thought my job was glamorous. I smelled like kerosene all the time.  I wan't trying to live on that money, just make enough to buy parts for my first car.  Minimum wage jobs are supposed to be transient opportunities.  A way to make a little scratch without any real marketable skills.  Minimum wage jobs are for those new to the workforce.

The moment you make minimum wage a "living wage," you will lose the ambition of an entire generation.

I strongly suggest you look up stats on the proportion of the workforce employed in minimum wage and very-near minimum wage jobs. You might be surprised to find that your conception of how things are isn't actually true any more.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #799 on: November 01, 2011, 01:31:32 pm »

I remember when this happened at the Tea Parties.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGFeJ6gmJAE&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

The police are giving up.  OWS demanded that they be allowed to police their own people, and it looks like they are getting their wish.

Either that, or Herman Cain is sneaking into the campsite at night and groping women.

BS....they are not demanding they be allowed to police their own people....but they are demanding their right to peaceful demonstration without confrontations from police.

You people keep trying to vilify patriotic Americans.  
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #800 on: November 01, 2011, 01:33:08 pm »

How can anyone that these people serious? WHAT A JOKE.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQLWGsVAjWI&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #801 on: November 01, 2011, 01:36:43 pm »

How can anyone that these people serious? WHAT A JOKE.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQLWGsVAjWI&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

You should be against dirty coal if you want to see Tulsa's economy continue to expand and improve.

Today, shouldn't you focus your hate on the Greeks?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #802 on: November 01, 2011, 01:40:55 pm »

BS....they are not demanding they be allowed to police their own people....but they are demanding their right to peaceful demonstration without confrontations from police.

You people keep trying to vilify patriotic Americans.  

How is pointing out that these "patriotic Americans" are committing violent, sexual attacks against members of their own movement is vilifying them? Seems to me that they are vilifying themselves. Remember, this thread began as a compare/contrast between OWS and the Tea Party. Can you point to where the patriotic Americans in the Tea Party were raping one another?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #803 on: November 01, 2011, 01:41:43 pm »

You should be against dirty coal if you want to see Tulsa's economy continue to expand and improve.

If I am going to be against anything, chances are I will not dress up like a douchebag and behave like a child.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #804 on: November 01, 2011, 01:45:25 pm »

If I am going to be against anything, chances are I will not dress up like a douchebag and behave like a child.

You would apparently have to watch your backside.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #805 on: November 01, 2011, 01:48:56 pm »

What's nice about it? I also read that a deaf man was sexually assaulted at one of these protests. This behavior sickens me.

The cavalier manner sounded very Limbaughesque.

I was surprised you put it that way.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #806 on: November 01, 2011, 01:50:25 pm »

Why would he want to hate on frat boys?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #807 on: November 01, 2011, 01:50:53 pm »

You seem to be infatuated with the zombie thing: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/virginia-republicans-condemn-graphic-zombie-obama-shot-head-140351979.html At least we are now starting to see GOP/Teabagger leaders coming out and saying these innuendos need to be halted. Not you.

I guess it's who is engaged in this type of vilification. Just because myriads of personalities committing crimes is no reason to condemn an entire movement.

Comparing these two movements is a joke. Apples and oranges....just dial back 55 pages.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #808 on: November 01, 2011, 01:54:51 pm »

The cavalier manner sounded very Limbaughesque.

I was surprised you put it that way.

Believe it or not, I don't listen to much talk radio except in the evenings (Clark Howard/Mark Levin). If I came off as cavalier, I didn't mean to. But at some point, those supporting OWS need to take a look at the mounting evidence that the criminality is coming from more than the fringe.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #809 on: November 01, 2011, 01:56:34 pm »

Believe it or not, I don't listen to much talk radio except in the evenings (Clark Howard/Mark Levin). If I came off as cavalier, I didn't mean to. But at some point, those supporting OWS need to take a look at the mounting evidence that the criminality is coming from more than the fringe.

Over and over...again and again... sabotaging the movement won't work. Call off the children of Lee Atwater.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org