A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 02:10:30 pm
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383736 times)
dbacks fan
« Reply #510 on: October 25, 2011, 02:28:10 pm »

10. Automotive Detailer Too capitalist!

I thought that was the guy on the street corner with a wad of newspapers and a bottle of something that looks like window cleaner.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #511 on: October 25, 2011, 02:30:13 pm »

What employer allows its employees to be off work this long? And in other news, I read KKK man David Duke is backing OWS. I'm sure that will help a pant load.

Krugman's take on your ridiculous accusations:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/25/say-anything/

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #512 on: October 25, 2011, 02:36:43 pm »

Krugman's take on your ridiculous accusations:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/25/say-anything/

Sorry, I just saw Krugman and ridiculous and stopped there.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #513 on: October 25, 2011, 02:43:12 pm »

Yes, be proud of being unwilling to read views which contradict your own. Learning why other people disagree with you is something only fools do.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #514 on: October 25, 2011, 02:48:35 pm »

Yeah, don't be dissin' his Krugs.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #515 on: October 25, 2011, 02:54:23 pm »

Yes, be proud of being unwilling to read views which contradict your own.

It's how he does things.  You probably shouldn't give him too much credit.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #516 on: October 25, 2011, 03:22:50 pm »

Not trying to change you statement, using part for a quote.......

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23835520/Occupy%20Wall%20Street%20Poll.docx

According to this poll data almost 2/3 are employed.

Nearly one in three are not paying any incomes taxes (assuming the respondents in that "poll" were truthful--which is partly why I hate polls)? What are they complaining about re: Wall Street. None of their money went to the bailouts.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #517 on: October 25, 2011, 03:24:25 pm »

Yeah, don't be dissin' his Krugs.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OXBwrOofPM[/youtube]

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #518 on: October 25, 2011, 03:30:26 pm »

Yes, be proud of being unwilling to read views which contradict your own. Learning why other people disagree with you is something only fools do.

Here is the problem Nate.  OWS has failed in defining themselves explicitly.  This causes the effort of others to define them.  When those definitions are offensive, more outsiders (i.e. The Krug) expend effort in defense of the movement, and that is met with a never ending flow of people and groups attempting to quantify the goals/demands/grievances of the OWS protesters as a group.  So far, they defy any definition beyond popular opinion.  Popular opinion is cruel to the ambiguous.  So here we are.  

To present an opinion by Krugman is the same as an opinion by Beck or Vice President Biden, or Gandhi.  It is meaningless if the group itself can not present a reasonable definition of their purpose.

Beyond that, as you stated before, history is not kind to people who ignore displays of civil disobedience, and without reasonable demands or goals to be met, there is no direction for this movement to go except violence. That is the fear, and that is what we are headed for.  I cannot see an avenue for escape in this scenario.  This is not a group/movement that will simply wake up one morning and decide to go home.  For the professional agitators/protesters/and minority political parties, this is their best hope for recognition.  As the MSNBC commentator (I forget his name) said, "They need a Kent State moment." Unfortunately, I believe they will push until they get it.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #519 on: October 25, 2011, 03:31:44 pm »

What are they complaining about re: Wall Street.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #520 on: October 25, 2011, 03:32:57 pm »

Did the Tea Party ever explain from what they were taking their country back?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #521 on: October 25, 2011, 03:36:53 pm »

Where is Rick Monday when we need him?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySnYbitzrg4&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #522 on: October 25, 2011, 03:43:18 pm »

Did the Tea Party ever explain from what they were taking their country back?

20 years of government expansion.

Tea Party was for reduced government spending, opposition to increased taxation , reduction of the national debt and federal budget deficit, and adherence to an originalist interpretation of the United States Constitution.

They were basically like Conservatives gone wild without all of the floppy June Clever boobies.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #523 on: October 25, 2011, 03:44:43 pm »

20 years of government expansion.

Tea Party was for reduced government spending, opposition to increased taxation , reduction of the national debt and federal budget deficit, and adherence to an originalist interpretation of the United States Constitution.

They were basically like Conservatives gone wild without all of the floppy June Clever boobies.

Didn't quite work out the way the electorate had hoped apparently.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #524 on: October 25, 2011, 03:46:25 pm »

In attempting to gain understanding of OWS we get a never ending flow of scenes like this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySnYbitzrg4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

And of course all of the wonderful Capitalism Failed signs provided by the Workers World Party.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org