A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 02:39:45 pm
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383343 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #480 on: October 25, 2011, 12:17:20 pm »

Sure am glad this crisis was averted:

http://nplusonemag.com/monday-night-urgent-ows-message

This cannot be real. If it is, what a laughing stock this OWS has become.

This has been going on for decades!  I remember back in the 80s we had the same problem with the drum circles at Dead shows in Red Rock and Bonner Springs.  Red Rock was not so bad but at Bonner we all camped at Trucker's, and there were no hills or trees, and the campsites were quite compact. We would camp for 4 days to see two shows, and the drummers would try to play through the night, keeping everyone from sleep.

We found that the problem was typically that the Jerry-head that was going around really crept up on you and most of the drummers didn't peek until after midnight.  At that point there was little reasoning with them.  They never really passed out because most of the crowd only had cheep beer, which was nothing against 7 hits of blotter. 

So I started bringing a couple of bottles of Glenlivet 21year Scotch, and we would join them after dinner and pass the bottle.  This was a treat that most of them had never had. It usually got them to bed by 10.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #481 on: October 25, 2011, 12:23:14 pm »

Can't quite get their act together.... Really?

Yep! That's the mentality of some of these people. Kinda makes you think about those supporting these clowns.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #482 on: October 25, 2011, 12:28:26 pm »

Yep! That's the mentality of some of these people. Kinda makes you think about those supporting these clowns.

Who's supporting them?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #483 on: October 25, 2011, 12:32:35 pm »

I think their supporters don't have much skin in the game.  Most likely, Mom and Dad are busy repainting the basement while jr is gone. 

Dad thinks it's going to be his new man-cave, but mom knows she's going to move her sewing table and gift wrapping station down there.  Poor dad, if he only knew, he would probably join the protest too!

dbacks fan
« Reply #484 on: October 25, 2011, 12:33:53 pm »

Who's supporting them?

As of last week, they had received $300k in cash donations, and an untold amount in food and clothing, not to mention the ones in Portland OR are "appropriating" electricity from where they can find it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #485 on: October 25, 2011, 12:44:21 pm »

As of last week, they had received $300k in cash donations, and an untold amount in food and clothing, not to mention the ones in Portland OR are "appropriating" electricity from where they can find it.

So when a few thousand of these people pool their resources for a month they can earn about $100 each in donations?

That's somehow more than I expected.

That should about cover the damage to the park.  I'm sure that this group will bend over backwards to cover the property damage.

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #486 on: October 25, 2011, 12:46:21 pm »

So, instead of posting the umpteenth video of lazy/stinky/misleadingly edited OWS protesters, how about you instead predict where it will end?  Will it follow the Tea Party path and influence the Dems or will it fade away when the weather turns cold?  Will it shift the political debate as much as the Tea Party did?  Will one, some, or all of the OWS beefs find their way translated into policy or into another group?  

In other words, stop being douches and actually have a conversation about this stuff.  
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #487 on: October 25, 2011, 12:47:30 pm »

So, instead of posting the umpteenth video of lazy/stinky/misleadingly edited OWS protesters, how about you instead predict where it will end?  Will it follow the Tea Party path and influence the Dems or will it fade away when the weather turns cold?  Will it shift the political debate as much as the Tea Party did?  Will one, some, or all of the OWS beefs find their way translated into policy or into another group?  

In other words, stop being douches and actually have a conversation about this stuff.  

There's one T.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #488 on: October 25, 2011, 12:52:38 pm »

Is there any organized support?  Anything that can be named or is it someone on the corner of 5th and main saying "they've got money from people."?
dbacks fan
« Reply #489 on: October 25, 2011, 12:54:04 pm »

Great way to try and start a rational coversation, but then again there are a few people here with that same attitude when others are trying to have a real discussion.

By the way, calling someone a "dude" is one of those juvinile tactics that cause you to lose credability in discussions.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #490 on: October 25, 2011, 12:54:37 pm »

I don't know about you, but I tend to not take very seriously or converse with people that crap on police cars. Oh I know, this picture is VERY misleading.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #491 on: October 25, 2011, 12:55:45 pm »

Is there any organized support?  Anything that can be named or is it someone on the corner of 5th and main saying "they've got money from people."?

Well, there's this:

Occupy Wall Street is in its 13th day, with support growing among factions veering from the "grungy unemployed hippie stereotype." There's the event led by two CUNY professors to protest the treatment of the protesters at the hands of the NYPD (Critical Mass has written they'll join in this rally, which may be preceded by a feeder march from Zuccotti Park consisting of other groups as well). Michael Moore, who's been involved for days now, is doing a book signing at St. Marks Bookshop (another cause!) with royalties on sales to go to support Occupy Wall Street. And last night, the Transport Workers Union voted to support Occupy Wall Street. We hear that the UAW will be showing support as well.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/transport_worke.php

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #492 on: October 25, 2011, 12:56:02 pm »

I don't know about you, but I tend to not take very seriously or converse with people that crap on police cars. Oh I know, this picture is VERY misleading.

Where's his sign?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #493 on: October 25, 2011, 12:56:52 pm »

Where's his sign?

He's leaving it on a police car.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #494 on: October 25, 2011, 12:57:58 pm »

That was almost a month ago.  I was curious if anyone is known to be financially supporting any part of this or if it's just a large group of people in parks.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org