A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:40:49 pm
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383346 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #465 on: October 22, 2011, 05:36:41 pm »

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #466 on: October 22, 2011, 06:28:55 pm »

That is funny!

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #467 on: October 22, 2011, 06:35:28 pm »

That is funny!
Since it's raining and Octoberfest is wiped out, let loose with the jokes.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #468 on: October 23, 2011, 12:57:24 am »

I'm up late with adrenalin depression from that horrid OU play tonight wondering what ever happened to Sooner Magic?

So, I run across this article which, after seeing some ridiculous prior posts, I'm thinking " I wonder what these jokers would think of this news? Is it even true? "

You decide. If it is true, it looks like this movement to change our government might be catching fire.

Semper Fi: Occupy Marines Bringing Reinforcements To Occupy The Nation
October 22, 2011
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/10/22/semper-fi-occupy-marines-bringing-reinforcements-to-occupy-the-nation/

What began as the gathering of just a few US Marines has now become a major organized movement to get Marines and military personnell of all branches to Occupy America nationwide. You can thank Marine Sgt. Shamar Thomas for that. His actions last week have inspired service men and women across the country to take a stand for the American people and join the Occupy protests.

Sgt. Thomas, as you’ll recall, stood up to the NYPD during the protests in Times Square and told the officers that hurting peacefully protesting American citizens is wrong. His message seemed to work on the officers present since they backed down. Now more members of the military are joining the movement in a strong organizing effort to help the protests get through the winter and beyond.

“#OccupyMARINES Are Currently Assessing The Current Situation To Ascertain What Is Currently Needed To Support OWS America. We Are Humbled At The Substantial Support OWS America Has Provided And Ask That Everyone Continue As You All Do While We Implement Organization Nationwide. As We All Know, ‘Occupy’ Groups Are Being Established Even Now And Would Like To See This Trend Continue. “

Their website OccupyMarines.org, is calling for “Non-Active ‘Occupy’ Military Supporters Only” and they are organizing a dress code which will help identify their branch affiliation. So we should be seeing Marines, Army, Navy, and Air Force personnel dressed to impress at Occupy events across the country. Their goal will be to talk sense into police officers and recruit them into supporting the cause.

#OrganizeMarines states, “Security forces/police should be seen as potential recruits to our cause and message, not as adversaries. Ultimately, they are accountable to the people. Defensive strategies never win. Do not respond to verbal attacks or hostile propaganda from Nay-Sayers by using the language of the opponent. Reframe.”

One Veteran, Alex Limkin said:

“There is nothing more central to a free and democratic people than the right to dissent, the right to disagree, the right to stand up in the town square and be heard… I feel quite sure that in standing in solidarity with the peaceful Occupy Wall Street movement, I am doing no less than upholding my oath as an American soldier.”

Marines were already beginning to support the Occupy Wall Street movement. Now they are bring reinforcements from the Marine Corps and other branches of the United States military, to put their organizational skills, patriotism, and resilience to good use in the effort to give more weight to the protests and help them continue the fight to change America indefinitely. For years, they have fought for us in countries far away. Now, they fight beside us in America.

I'm beginning to think the %99 movement will make the GOP look like a tea party by this time next year. Will the big issue finally be over who politicians are really accountable to?

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #469 on: October 23, 2011, 09:57:35 am »

I'm not meaning to be a wet blanket on this, but there are restrictions on military personnel engaging in political speech, which is somewhat ironic since they're largely responsible to see that the rest of us have that freedom.  Don't be surprised with the Corps puts an end to this, probably very quickly.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #470 on: October 23, 2011, 11:00:39 am »

I'm not meaning to be a wet blanket on this, but there are restrictions on military personnel engaging in political speech, which is somewhat ironic since they're largely responsible to see that the rest of us have that freedom.  Don't be surprised with the Corps puts an end to this, probably very quickly.

You cant put the genie back in the bottle, though.
Turning the military against the police has been a significant turning point in other revolts.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmEHcOc0Sys[/youtube]

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #471 on: October 23, 2011, 12:35:25 pm »

Yep, just like the tea party:

Two Occupy Boston members have been arrested on drug charges, Boston police said yesterday.

Bostonians Isaac Bell, 34, and Charlene Dumont, 31, were both charged with distribution of a class A drug (heroin) and possession with intent to distribute a class A drug within 1,000 feet of a school zone, police say.

The 6-year-old child who was living with them in a tent is now staying with family members, police said.

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/2011_1023drug_vandalism_arrests_at_occupy_boston

How many of these incidents must take place before the "fringe" label must be pulled.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:38:54 pm by guido911 » Logged

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #472 on: October 24, 2011, 06:26:17 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mPy67c5noiU#![/youtube]

They are just young white kids trying to escape thousands of years of oppression! Huh

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #473 on: October 24, 2011, 06:23:38 pm »

L.O.L.
I see your bet and raise you one:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-september-29-2011/democracy-on-the-lurch---wall-street-pepper-spray-incident

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #474 on: October 24, 2011, 07:22:26 pm »

Here is a very picture heavy link that aptly illustrates what Occupy Oakland wants.

http://pajamasmedia.com/zombie/2011/10/24/is-occupy-oakland-as-bad-as-they-say/?singlepage=true

Synopsis: More capitalism sucks, eat the rich, bring on communism, drug use, intimidation, blah blah blah.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #475 on: October 24, 2011, 07:34:36 pm »

Here is a very picture heavy link that aptly illustrates what Occupy Oakland wants.

http://pajamasmedia.com/zombie/2011/10/24/is-occupy-oakland-as-bad-as-they-say/?singlepage=true

Synopsis: More capitalism sucks, eat the rich, bring on communism, drug use, intimidation, blah blah blah.

Ahhh, utopian '60's all over again.  These kids will be the next generation of degenerate vulture er venture capitalists, banksters, and corrupt government officials.  I mean look at who is running the country now, the last generation of hippies are Wink

I predict many of these young 'un's wind up like those they despise now.  They will get drunk with friends 30 years from now and riff on how cool it was protesting Wall St. back in the day.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #476 on: October 24, 2011, 08:42:02 pm »

Ahhh, utopian '60's all over again.  These kids will be the next generation of degenerate vulture er venture capitalists, banksters, and corrupt government officials.  I mean look at who is running the country now, the last generation of hippies are Wink

I predict many of these young 'un's wind up like those they despise now.  They will get drunk with friends 30 years from now and riff on how cool it was protesting Wall St. back in the day.

Except back then there was not the permanent record of their conduct the internet creates. These bozos have their images and conduct caught on all sorts of media. Getting a job, and then keeping it, will be hard with the evidence of their conduct. It would suck to be them if they ever tried to get a job requiring a security clearance and their conduct was caught during the check.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #477 on: October 25, 2011, 11:47:14 am »

Sure am glad this crisis was averted:

UPDATE (12:44 AM): Crisis averted: tonight at the General Assembly, the working group of drummers, Pulse, in a spirit of conciliation and generosity, brought forward a proposal to limit their drumming from 12 to 2 and 4 to 6 PM only. The proposal had been worked out through weeks of mediation with the direct action working group. It was considered a first step toward showing the community board that the community in Zuccotti Park can regulate itself. The proposal was approved by consensus by the General Assembly, with applause and rejoicing on all sides. One of our observers said there hadn’t been such happiness and relief since the victory over eviction.

http://nplusonemag.com/monday-night-urgent-ows-message

This cannot be real. If it is, what a laughing stock this OWS has become.

dbacks fan
« Reply #478 on: October 25, 2011, 11:51:40 am »

Sure am glad this crisis was averted:

http://nplusonemag.com/monday-night-urgent-ows-message

This cannot be real. If it is, what a laughing stock this OWS has become.

Can't quite get their act together....
Unfortunately there is one individual who is NOT a drummer but who claims to speak for the drummers who has been a deeply disruptive force, attacking the drumming rep during the GA and derailing his proposal, and disrupting the community board meeting, as well as the OWS community relations meeting. She has also created strife and divisions within the POC caucus, calling many members who are not ‘on her side’ “Uncle Tom”, “the 1%”, “Barbie” “not Palestinian enough” “Wall Street politicians” “not black enough” “sell-outs”, etc. People have been documenting her disruptions, and her campaign of misinformation, and instigations. She also has a documented history online of defamatory, divisive and disruptive behavior within the LGBT (esp. transgender) communities. Her disruptions have made it hard to have constructive conversations and productive resolutions to conflicts in a variety of forums in the past several days.

“not Palestinian enough”
Really?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #479 on: October 25, 2011, 12:02:30 pm »

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2011/10/25/occupy-norfolk-struggles-to-find-definitive-end-list-for-movement/

My favorite part of this article:
"We don’t have a definitive end list of things that we’re trying to accomplish, but we definitely have a great head on our shoulders about what we’re doing.”

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org