A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 06:59:40 pm
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383390 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2011, 06:40:37 am »

The Occupy Wall Street rallies are becoming more like the Jugendbund rallies of the 1920's in Germany. Mindless call and response and minorities becoming fearful. We are watching the birth of a new dangerous form of Marxism.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZlp3eGMNI[/youtube]

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2011, 07:25:17 am »

The Occupy Wall Street rallies are becoming more like the Jugendbund rallies of the 1920's in Germany. Mindless call and response and minorities becoming fearful. We are watching the birth of a new dangerous form of Marxism.

Wow, have you been hanging out with the 'kraut?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2011, 09:47:08 am »

You've got a pretty shaky grasp of your mid-century authoritarian regimes. 
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2011, 10:40:36 am »

Gassie, please explain the differences in 1920's Germany to today's United States. I need a paralleled comparison to understand where you are coming from. Otherwise, you need to get a Dumb Okie Tulsan badge from the mayor.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2011, 10:41:55 am »

You must be kidding.  It would be much more appropriate to make that comparison to the Teabaggers.  But that isn't very close either.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2011, 10:47:18 am »

I consider the Occupy movement and the Tea Party movement very interesting for their simplistic methods of communication and sophisticated method of organization.

Both groups have become forces in politics very quickly. They each have logical arguments but can't completely resonate because they are so attractive to the extremist edge of political thought. The far left and far right just overwhelm the center and the mainstream media believes it is their job to show us the fringe.

It is hard to bake a cake if the outer edges get all the heat.

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2011, 10:49:48 am »

I consider the Occupy movement and the Tea Party movement very interesting for their simplistic methods of communication and sophisticated method of organization.

Both groups have become forces in politics very quickly. They each have logical arguments but can't completely resonate because they are so attractive to the extremist edge of political thought. The far left and far right just overwhelm the center and the mainstream media believes it is their job to show us the fringe.

Yep.  Knee jerk reaction to a knee jerk reaction.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2011, 11:12:01 am »

I would have to agree with that assessment.  That was basically the gist of this thread.  At the inception of OWS, it began to formulate itself as an opposition force to the Tea Party.  The emotional components of competing ideologies.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #173 on: October 10, 2011, 11:19:34 am »

Add me to the like list on this post.  Very good analysis.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2011, 11:19:51 am »

At the inception of OWS, it began to formulate itself as an opposition force to the Tea Party. 

Where'd you see that?
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2011, 11:26:29 am »

It's interesting, however, to compare the difference in the speeds at which each gained traction.
In the beginning the Tea Party was all about frustration at a black man in the White House, but it gained standing when it got funding and celebrity endorsements.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2011, 11:33:53 am »

It's interesting, however, to compare the difference in the speeds at which each gained traction.
In the beginning the Tea Party was all about frustration at a black man in the White House, but it gained standing when it got funding and celebrity endorsements.

Wow!  Now you have to go there.  I don't think race has anything to do with either movement.  I think group representation does.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2011, 11:49:58 am »

Wow!  Now you have to go there.  I don't think race has anything to do with either movement.  I think group representation does.

Race may not have anything to do with the Teabag "movement." It has everything to do with the formulation of their attitudes.

Still, it's easy to witness the diversity in the Occupiers mobsters.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2011, 11:58:08 am »

And a supreme court decision on campaign financing.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #179 on: October 10, 2011, 11:58:56 am »

Race may not have anything to do with the Teabag "movement." It has everything to do with the formulation of their attitudes.

Still, it's easy to witness the diversity in the Occupiers mobsters.

I don't see racial bias in either movement.

The Tea Party are emotional conservatives, angry because the resources of working people are being diverted to subsidize _______.  They admire  capitalism as a means to create wealth because it offers opportunity to those willing to take risk.

The Occupiers are emotional liberals, angry because they want more resources diverted to subsidize _______.  They despise capitalism as a means to create wealth because it does not provide security.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org