A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:53:40 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 dead, 2 injured in series of shootings  (Read 44970 times)
GG
Philanthropist

« on: April 06, 2012, 07:10:27 pm »

Three people were killed and another two were critically injured in several shootings early Friday morning, Tulsa police said.

Police are still trying to determine the circumstances surrounding the incidents but don’t believe the victims knew each other.

Officers found Dannaer Fields, 49, lying in a yard with a gunshot wound shortly after 1 a.m. in the 1000 block of East 51st Place North, police said. Fields later died at St. John Medical Center.

Three minutes later, police found two men with apparent gunshot wounds in another yard two blocks to the east. The men were taken to St. John Medical Center and St. Francis Hospital in critical condition but were expected to survive, police said. They have not been identified.

Officers then found Bobby Clark, 54, in the street with a gunshot wound about 1:50 a.m. in the 300 block of West 63rd Street North. Clark later died at Hillcrest Medical Center.

About 8:30 a.m., officers received a call of a body in the 800 block of East 36th Street North, said Capt. Steve Odom. Police discovered a man later identified as William Allen, 31, lying in the yard of Jack’s Memory Chapel with a gunshot wound to the chest, Odom said. Allen was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police are looking for a white pickup truck that may have been in the area when the shootings occurred, Walker said. No further descriptions were available.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/specialprojects/news/crimewatch/article.aspx?subjectid=450&articleid=20120406_450_0_Twopeo765966

Trust but verify
Jammie
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 06:51:11 am »

Sad! Whoever is doing this must be watching national news and figures they can get away with it.

Adopt an older pet. Help them remember what it feels like to be loved.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 09:58:26 am »

White shooter, five black victims.  Where are $harpton and Jack$on?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 10:01:47 am »

A guy driving around shooting pedestrians?

Very scary.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 10:27:13 am »

A guy driving around shooting pedestrians?

Very scary.

Guess it's time for me to clean the Bersa again....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 10:38:55 am »

White shooter, five black victims.  Where are $harpton and Jack$on?

If TPD were to mishandle the case, which the detective division will probably not do, and word got out about some sort of cover up or favorable treatment to the perpetrator, you can bet Al Sharpton and Rev. Jackson might show up.

Al and Jesse and Van speak up against prejudice and discrimination. I know that bugs the sh!t out of you....

Go get him TPD. They usually do very good work when it comes to this criminal type. I bet they find this white creep by tracing his ammo.
dbacks fan
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 11:13:23 am »

It's a new type of serial killer, called a "Recreational Shooter" and it is more sport than anything else. Much like the DC sniper.

http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Dale_Hausner_and_Samuel_Dieteman

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&t=p&source=embed&msa=0&msid=108959607879952559279.00046000099563a3e6b3a&ll=33.489871,-112.045441&spn=0.579521,1.186523&z=10

http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/The_Baseline_Killer
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:21:21 am by dbacks fan » Logged
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 11:32:47 am »

sorry, but I've got to question the source when it's a wiki based on a tv show.  Not saying the info is bad, just a very questionable source.
dbacks fan
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 11:45:41 am »

Those were based on actual events. Those are the actual shooters and victims in the two 'Criminal Minds' links. Search their names and you will find more articles on them. It was theasiest to link for the most info on them.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 01:12:34 pm »

Those were based on actual events. Those are the actual shooters and victims in the two 'Criminal Minds' links. Search their names and you will find more articles on them. It was theasiest to link for the most info on them.
I wasn't saying it was bad info, was just commenting on the source.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 02:49:56 pm »

Guess it's time for me to clean the Bersa again....
Is that what the kids call it nowadays... Shocked
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:29:42 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 03:18:42 pm »

Looks like CNN is all over this today.  Makes me wonder how relevant this would be without the Martin/Zimmerman shooting going on.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Jammie
Civic Leader

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 04:23:45 pm »

It'd be pretty relevant since it's a horrific story. They news media has followed similar cases and the DC sniper was one of them.

CNN isn't the only one covering this. It's one of the seven leading stories on my homepage. It sounds like the killer got close to his victims by asking for directions so it's time to be cautious and not talk to strangers.

Adopt an older pet. Help them remember what it feels like to be loved.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 05:21:52 pm »

If TPD were to mishandle the case, which the detective division will probably not do, and word got out about some sort of cover up or favorable treatment to the perpetrator, you can bet Al Sharpton and Rev. Jackson might show up.

Al and Jesse and Van speak up against prejudice and discrimination. I know that bugs the sh!t out of you....

Go get him TPD. They usually do very good work when it comes to this criminal type. I bet they find this white creep by tracing his ammo.

After Blades... eh never mind.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 05:39:50 pm »

It'd be pretty relevant since it's a horrific story. They news media has followed similar cases and the DC sniper was one of them.

CNN isn't the only one covering this. It's one of the seven leading stories on my homepage. It sounds like the killer got close to his victims by asking for directions so it's time to be cautious and not talk to strangers.

As I said before, cleaning the Bersa Thunder...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org