A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 02:49:24 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will The Pope Resign?  (Read 10324 times)
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« on: March 28, 2010, 03:34:56 pm »

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/03/27/will-the-pope-resign-it-wouldnt-be-easy-and-may-not-be-possib/

This is a great read:
http://trueslant.com/matttaibbi/2010/03/27/the-catholic-church-is-a-criminal-enterprise/

"If you look at it that way, the church’s institutional behavior is far worse than is commonly believed. It’s not just a matter of an intractable bureaucracy responding too slowly or too insensitively to some scattered accidents of fate. This is more like the situation of a car company that continues selling a cheap but faulty brake system because it has calculated that it stands to make more money selling the cars than it does to lose in lawsuits. The only difference is, a car company can fix the brakes if it wants to. What the Catholic church is selling is by definition faulty. It can’t change, or it will be out of business. So even if not changing means kids will be continue to be molested, it doesn’t change. "

I've often wondered how so many people are willing to take birth control advice from a celibate old man in a funny hat and shoes that cost more than they'd make in 5 lifetimes.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 03:37:32 pm by fotd » Logged
waterboy
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 05:14:30 pm »

Man, you are a glutton for it aren't you?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 06:01:15 pm »

Have you ever noticed though that when one comes out, the other does also (I'm talking the yin and yang here)?  When one is quiet, typically the other one is too.

Anyone have an over/under on the number of days before the freak-out?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 08:26:07 pm »

I had Conan in mind.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 08:05:30 am »

Have you ever noticed though that when one comes out, the other does also (I'm talking the yin and yang here)?  When one is quiet, typically the other one is too.

Anyone have an over/under on the number of days before the freak-out?

Is Guido Catholic?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 08:11:27 am by swake » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 08:28:02 am »

I had Conan in mind.

Missed by a mile on this one.  I'm not Catholic, never was, and I don't participate in organized religion anymore. 

Your post and articles left me quite flaccid.  *YAWN*

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 09:28:25 am »

Missed by a mile on this one.  I'm not Catholic, never was, and I don't participate in organized religion anymore.  

Your post and articles left me quite flaccid.  *YAWN*

He's thinking you are Catholic because of Cascia
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 09:30:08 am »

He's thinking you are Catholic because of Cascia

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't assume he's Jewish because of the whole temple thing...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 10:50:44 am »

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't assume he's Jewish because of the whole temple thing...

Finally, something truthie from Conan!
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 02:49:02 pm »

Finally, something truthie from Conan!
Truthy, the word is truthy.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 03:06:27 pm »

Truthy, the word is truthy.

It's da troof!

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 07:12:59 am »

Will the pope resign?  No.

Was that article worth my 2 minutes?  No.  The author thought he was clever but simply stated the obvious in far too many words.  The faith is based on the infalability of god, who acts through a chosen messenger - the pope.  Ergo, they can't admit he was wrong or god was wrong.  Which has never happened (well, except renigging on the whole garden of eden, then having to flood and kill everyone, well... and the whole jewish slavery thing. In egypt/babylon/germany.  And I guess he eased up on a lot of the rules).  Ok, so he's wrong and changes his amind all the time according to the book.  But that was different.

The rigidness of the catholic church is its greatest assest, and its greatest liability.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 07:16:21 am »

CF! Sucked ole Sparty right back in!

Flexibility rules over rigidity....kinda like rocks over scissors.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 07:17:56 am »

The rigidness of the catholic church is its greatest assest, and its greatest liability.

I think unwanted rigidness is what's causing the issues with the priests in the first place.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 07:20:49 am »

I think unwanted rigidness is what's causing the issues with the priests in the first place.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org