A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:57:31 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Palin withdraw as VP?  (Read 11084 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 10:56:32 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

I think she should.

A 1st term female governor from a remote state whose delegates don't matter in the general election? Thats just suicide. How many delegates does Alaska offer, anyway? Seriously.

And when it comes time to vote, how many Americans are really going to stomach the idea of a virtually unknown woman in her 40's with limited political experience being one heartbeat away from the Presidency? Remember, McCain ain't no spring chicken.

You guys ever see the new Battlestar Galactica miniseries? The Cylons completely wipe out the colonies with a surprise nuclear attack, killing millions. After taking a count of who is left, remnants of the colonial government determine that the Secretary of Education (a woman) is the highest ranking official still alive, and hence becomes President. That is what I was reminded of when I heard about this.

Mitt Romney would have been a much better choice. But it doesn't matter, McCain isn't going to win this election and he knows it.

Battlestar Galactica?  I use Star Trek to help me make my political decisions.  

I've never seen so much disrespect hurled at an older, disabled war vet.  By all accounts, McCain is in great shape.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 08:31:07 am »

Huffington says Palin is just like John Edwards...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/03/mccain-camp-battles-natio_n_123696.html

John McCain's presidential campaign is threatening a lawsuit against the National Enquirer over a print edition story the tabloid ran today alleging that Gov. Sarah Palin has had an extramarital affair with her husband's business partner.

The allegation would normally be dismissed by political observers as the random musings of a supermarket tabloid -- indeed, the McCain campaign said as much in its statements on Wednesday -- except that the paper has built up a reservoir of legitimacy following its earlier reporting on the John Edwards affair.

In a statement to the Huffington Post, a spokesman for the paper, who promised a larger report next week, tapped into that pool of quasi-respect.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2008, 08:38:01 am »

Heh, the National Enquirer publishes one story in the last 40 years which turns out to be true and now they suddenly have "credibility".

It's not surprising, the DNC's media minions have jumped onto a tabloid mentality in dealing with Palin.

I'm really surprised you've jumped into the "tabloidness", RM, I expect more out of you.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2008, 08:47:16 am »

I posted it on TulsaNow from Huffington who posted it from the Enquirer.

Please post it on another blog so we can keep it viral.

Power is nothing till you use it.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2008, 09:03:29 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

If it goes viral, does pennicillen (sp) help?  I do not believe the Nat Enq has ever been successfully sued, have they?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2008, 09:09:15 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

If it goes viral, does pennicillen (sp) help?  I do not believe the Nat Enq has ever been successfully sued, have they?

Carol Burnett succeeded.  I think they have settled with a bunch of other celebs over the years, not sure if there have been any others which have gone all the way.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2008, 09:26:25 am »

I like that these stories are showing up in the Enquirer and Huffington post.  I hope to see more.

They rank up there with "Laura Bush Gives Birth to Alien Baby."

When thinking people see these headlines they emphasize the desperation that the left is feeling.  They have no meat and even the veg is frozen.

Thanks to FOTDUD I have come to love the huffington post.  It's a window into the minds of wild-eyed angry people.  Today nearly every story is some form of outrageous grasp.  Even the article on Biden persuing criminal charges against the Bushes if elected is false (he personally said it was nonsense this morning in an interview on Fox).

As I predicted, Obama and Biden are beginning to shake off the media proxies that have helped them up to this point.  They are no longer controllable and can only do harm.  It's too late though, there is no way they will be able to divorce themselves, in the public eye, from the media outlets they have adopted.

The storm is forming.  They can no longer control their message.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2008, 09:28:04 am »

quote:

I think she should.

A 1st term female governor from a remote state whose delegates don't matter in the general election? Thats just suicide. How many delegates does Alaska offer, anyway? Seriously.

And when it comes time to vote, how many Americans are really going to stomach the idea of a virtually unknown woman in her 40's with limited political experience being one heartbeat away from the Presidency? Remember, McCain ain't no spring chicken.

You guys ever see the new Battlestar Galactica miniseries? The Cylons completely wipe out the colonies with a surprise nuclear attack, killing millions. After taking a count of who is left, remnants of the colonial government determine that the Secretary of Education (a woman) is the highest ranking official still alive, and hence becomes President. That is what I was reminded of when I heard about this.

Mitt Romney would have been a much better choice. But it doesn't matter, McCain isn't going to win this election and he knows it.

Sounds like you have something against women?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
iplaw
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2008, 09:35:18 am »

quote:
a reservoir of legitimacy
Thanks for the laugh...
Hawkins
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2008, 02:22:47 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gaspar

quote:

I think she should.

Is just a fact, no woman has ever been VP or President. Is the United States ready for one? Perhaps, if the qualifications are there. Hillary came close.

But why does McCain think the public is ready for the first one to be a relatively young woman from a remote, sparsely populated state?

She does not strike me as Presidential.
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2008, 07:42:50 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think she should.

Is just a fact, no woman has ever been VP or President. Is the United States ready for one? Perhaps, if the qualifications are there. Hillary came close.

But why does McCain think the public is ready for the first one to be a relatively young woman from a remote, sparsely populated state?

She was a superstar last nite.

Clobbered a Homerun out of sight.  

Did I mention she's still on the ticket as VP as on Friday, September 5........?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 08:23:59 pm by Friendly Bear » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2008, 08:50:47 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think she should.

You must not know what "real change" looks like when you see it.  I do.

Vote for real change, Hawkins, not chump change.

Democrats have paid lip-service to getting a woman in the White House.  They knew they wouldn't win in '84 with Mondull/Ferraro.  Once Hillarity got close, they c@ck-blocked her.

McCain's got a legitimate shot.  This will go down to the wire.  The GOP has given Sarah Palin, by far, the best chance to be in the White House.  Hillarity got knocked off in the playoffs.

Hawkins
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2008, 10:04:42 pm »

I'll believe it when I see it.

I still think the Republicans are fighting an uphill battle this November.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2008, 10:38:02 pm »

quote:

I'll believe it when I see it.

I still think the Republicans are fighting an uphill battle this November.

I honestly think SCOTUS could decide it again- that close.  McCain already had somewhat of a track record of bucking Bush's policies (i.e. tax cuts- that really cast him out in the party.  He did finally relent though) and he did a very good job of, I don't know I'd call it distancing from the Bush admin, but he didn't act like the last 8 years have been rosy either and he drew contrasts as to what his admin will look like.  

Where they've got a hard road is energizing the younger voter.  Unfortunately McCain lacks the kindly charisma even college students favored with Ronald Reagan.

Personally, I feel as if Bush ran as a proxie for some unelectables in the GOP- like Cheney and Rumsfeld.  At this point, it's not been a bed of roses, only history will tell how good or bad this last 8 years was.  Personally, I'm ready to get it behind us.

FOTD
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2008, 12:03:21 am »

It won't be close, Conan.

Landslide coming.[Cheesy]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org