A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:53:40 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Palin withdraw as VP?  (Read 11084 times)
rwarn17588
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 06:23:17 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Friendly Bear

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

Never gonna happen. And shouldn't happen. Not enough time for a suitable replacement and McCain would never yield to pressure like this anyway.

What do the polls say? I'm guessing its having little effect on them.

Polls for Obama are going up. Gallup and Rasmussen both have him at 50 percent and over.

The other recent ones I've seen have him at 48, 49, all with the margin outside the range of error.

Ask former Presidents Al Gore and John Kerry about polls........

Not sure what point you're making.

Kerry never had a substantial lead in any of the tracking polls in 2004; nearly all of the polls favored Bush.

For Gore, he was at best split with Bush on the polls.

You're claiming that Kerry was NEVER ahead of GWBush in the polls?

In the polls I saw in the final weeks before the 2004 election, Kerry had a lead in about two polls, and Bush had a lead in about 20 of them.

So, yeah, that's a poll trend that overwhelmingly favors Bush.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 06:48:56 pm »

I think Geezer McPlugs should withdraw as Obama's VEEP and give that ticket a fighting chance.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 07:29:19 am »

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 07:37:05 am »

If they don't want people talking about the Palin family, why does the RNC and the McCain campaign keep sending out press stuff?

Yesterday they sent out press releases saying that the boyfriend is going to appear on stage with the pregnant daughter.

They send out press releases and then appear angry that people keep talking about them...is that some sort of passive-aggresive campaign style?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 07:47:24 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

If they don't want people talking about the Palin family, why does the RNC and the McCain campaign keep sending out press stuff?

Yesterday they sent out press releases saying that the boyfriend is going to appear on stage with the pregnant daughter.

They send out press releases and then appear angry that people keep talking about them...is that some sort of passive-aggresive campaign style?

The press can't help themselves.  They've worked themselves up into a feeding frenzy, and, talking to themselves mostly, don't realize the pending public backlash.

The campaign may be setting them up for a tsunami of sympathy for Gov. Palin.  

Watch the speeches tonite......

[:X]
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 07:48:50 am »

You certainly have high hopes for her...

I am guessing the country will be less than impressed.

Power is nothing till you use it.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 07:56:32 am »

quote:

Country? Ha ha ha!  This is about energizing the GOP base!  And every indication is that she will draw out them crazy rabid right wingers ind DROVES.  Country? Coattails!
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 08:45:37 am »

quote:

quote:

The press can't help themselves.  They've worked themselves up into a feeding frenzy, and, talking to themselves mostly, don't realize the pending public backlash.

The campaign may be setting them up for a tsunami of sympathy for Gov. Palin.  

Watch the speeches tonite......

[:X]

Maximum smackdown on the media by Gingrich, for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjGhy8LVwAo&eurl=http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/09/03/gingrich-slams-msnbcs-allen-concerning-palins-qualifications

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Chicken Little
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 08:47:42 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

quote:

Country? Ha ha ha!  This is about energizing the GOP base!  And every indication is that she will draw out them crazy rabid right wingers ind DROVES.  Country? Coattails!

Why would the GOP base need energizing at this VERY late date?  You'd think the strategy at this point would be to gravitate to the middle and attempt to peel away some of those Clinton voters.  Not saying it will work, because there's no evidence that it is working at all.  But there ain't enough base out there to get McCain elected over Obama.
FOTD
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 08:55:25 am »

She best not......book burners relative to Nazism.

Alaska (where she was mayor), who felt moved to let the world know what she's really like. FOTD received this link from one of my librarian discussion lists, so it highlights one paragraph from the letter regarding Palin's foray into book censorship at her local library. That alone sends the devils over the edge, as most of you know--and share with Lucifer.

It's worth reading the whole letter through the link. Pass it along to your own pals.  Here's the message:

"While Sarah was Mayor of Wasilla she tried to fire our highly respected
City Librarian because the Librarian refused to consider removing from
the library some books that Sarah wanted removed. City residents
rallied to the defense of the City Librarian and against Palin's
attempt at out-and-out censorship, so Palin backed down and withdrew
her termination letter. People who fought her attempt to oust the
Librarian are on her enemies list to this day."

From a letter written by a longtime neighbor of the Palin's in Wasilla....
http://www.andrys.com/palin-kilkenny.html

Talk about extremists.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 08:59:58 am »

Originally posted by Chicken Little[/i]Why would the GOP base need energizing at this VERY late date?  You'd think the strategy at this point would be to gravitate to the middle and attempt to peel away some of those Clinton voters.  Not saying it will work, because there's no evidence that it is working at all.  But there ain't enough base out there to get McCain elected over Obama.
[/quote]

Did you hear the deafening silence when Lieberman talked about immigration and campaign reform? The Base was ready to stand behind him with reservations.  On C-span last night an AP reporter said that the convention was all farred up.

This is going to be a national version of what happened in Muskogee earlier this year.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 02:40:40 pm »

HIGHLY UNLIKELY:

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/03/video-meet-the-palins/

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hawkins
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 08:01:14 pm »

I think she should.

A 1st term female governor from a remote state whose delegates don't matter in the general election? Thats just suicide. How many delegates does Alaska offer, anyway? Seriously.

And when it comes time to vote, how many Americans are really going to stomach the idea of a virtually unknown woman in her 40's with limited political experience being one heartbeat away from the Presidency? Remember, McCain ain't no spring chicken.

You guys ever see the new Battlestar Galactica miniseries? The Cylons completely wipe out the colonies with a surprise nuclear attack, killing millions. After taking a count of who is left, remnants of the colonial government determine that the Secretary of Education (a woman) is the highest ranking official still alive, and hence becomes President. That is what I was reminded of when I heard about this.

Mitt Romney would have been a much better choice. But it doesn't matter, McCain isn't going to win this election and he knows it.
Oklahomalady
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 10:22:16 pm »

Get over it guys. She is running and people ARE going to vote for her. She knows just how to give a speech and dig a little dig in with humor.....just like us woman do![}:)]
USRufnex
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 10:37:13 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

Never gonna happen. And shouldn't happen. Not enough time for a suitable replacement and McCain would never yield to pressure like this anyway.

What do the polls say? I'm guessing its having little effect on them.

Polls for Obama are going up. Gallup and Rasmussen both have him at 50 percent and over.

The other recent ones I've seen have him at 48, 49, all with the margin outside the range of error.

Ask former Presidents Al Gore and John Kerry about polls........

That was then...

Poll: Convention 'bounce' pulls Gore even with Bush
August 21, 2000

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/08/21/cnn.poll/index.html

Poll: No 'bounce' for Kerry so far
Bush and Democratic nominee still running neck and neck
Sunday, August 1, 2004

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/01/polls.bounce/index.html

This is now...

Poll: Obama gets post-convention 'bounce'
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-09-01-poll-monday_N.htm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org